Dec 15, 2007

Top 10 Power Ballads of All Time...
a.k.a The songs that you are ashamed to put in your iPod.

My first official blog... well, technically not. Anyways, let me get started with this blog that will kill all blogs so do speak, I just happened to tune in to Vh1 Classics, and they were showing this documentary (they sadly and cleverly called it 'rockUmentary') about Heavy Metal entitled Heavy, and it was quite good compared to the other hundreds of documentaries I have seen.
I especially enjoyed the part when they talked about the era of the power ballads and how it signaled the end of it all; I especially liked the part when they were interviewing the lead singer of Twisted Sisters, uh it was just... just... just timeless; I wish everyone can see it an feel the way that Twisted Sister was feeling toward Power Ballads, quite frankly I think that he would have felt a lot less bitter if he just created a power ballad that was actually a hit. Anyways, here is my top 10 Power Ballads of All Time... Ballads other than Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home, Skidrow's I Remember You or Journey's Open Arms, you know... Power Ballads rarely heard.


Top 10.

Bryan Adams - Heaven

Considered to be by many as the power of ballads and also considered to be by most hardcore to be non-metal. He made the list because he certainly helped the ballads genre, and in doing so, helped put out the fire. Heaven.



Top 9.

Bon Jovi - Always

Well, what is there to talk about when it comes to power ballads. Think about power ballads, and most of us will immediately think about the band from Sayreville, New Jersey... Bon Jovi. Always.



Top 8.

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind

Not many would suspect that this band that helped spring the New Wave of British Heavy Metal have a power ballad up their sleeves. Two Steps Behind.



Top 7.

Rick Price - Heaven Knows

Definetely, a one hit wonder but a good one at that, and one of the greatest ballads of all time. Heaven Knows.



Top 6.

Indecent Obsession - Fixing A Broken Heart

The Tittle alone makes it a great power ballad, and one of the most immitated songs of all time. Fixing A Broken Heart



Top 5.

Kiss - Beth

The first time I heard ths song makes me rethink of KISS twice and not in a bad way. Beth.



Top 4.

Stevie B. - When I Dream About You

Although, not a rock band... Heck the song alone makes it in the top 5. When I Dream About You.



Top 3.

Firehouse - Love of a Lifetime

Definetely, one of the greatest power ballads of all time. Love of a Lifetime.



Top 2.

Restless Heart - When She Cries

The song that made millions of men cry. When She Cries.





Top 1.

White Lion - You're All I Need

The definition of a power balld. You're All I Need.

No comments: